Skip to main content

The number will never be enough.

I have realized on this hell-ish journey of what they call anorexia, that the number will never be enough. I've been starving myself off and on since about February. First it was to lose about 10 lbs that I gained while my thyroid was under active. I started eating better but just ate less. I finally got back to my normal weight. And I decided I was gonna go lower. Mostly because I hate my breasts. So, I started cutting back on calories. Counting them on an app and a tracker that counted how many calories I had burned. I'm really not much of an exerciser, so I mostly just restricted what I ate, between eating normal on weekends or when with friends. Didn't want them to catch on and wanted to still enjoy myself and not put my life is jeopardy. Well, I'm at about 10 lbs away from what I called my goal weight. And the last few days I really restricted so I can finally reach the goal. I've agonized over getting help and eating right and just a constant battle with my therapist over it and now my medication doctor. The breast fat I have lost, I can't, just can't gain back, is what my thoughts have been.  With lack of nutrition, dealing with PTSD from my abuse and then losing my best friend with just a little text as goodbye, I was falling apart. Really depressed and wore out. 

I can't do this anymore.

Here's why.

It's not worth bringing back an illness that I have spent 5+ years working on remaining in remission. I will not go back to that person. Especially not at the expense of my attacker or something as dumb as a number on a scale.

And it's just that... A number. That number isn't gonna make me happy.

People make me happy. My wonderful supportive fiancé, family and dear friends. They make me happy.

I have so many goals in life and none of them include living in a hospital... Far far from it.

So, tonight, I start the for-real recovery back from this disease. Tonight I delete the apps encouraging these behaviors.

I am still going to eat healthier but if I want something junky - I'm going to have it!

I am more than a number.

I am so much more than that!

This journey is going to be really hard but I hope I have you to get me through this.

It's time to see the beauty of this girl, from the inside out, that everyone else sees.

I wasn't going to write this, but it was time. It is time. John doesn't get to win, and this doesn't either. Goodbye to the both of you.

Katie



Comments

  1. You are such a talented writer Katie! So proud of you and your determined spirit! love you! MA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm not who I was.

Well, I need to write this. The memories, the guilt, the self-blame - all of that is all flooding back. Just down pouring on me. I can't let this get to me. I have a job interview tomorrow and I gotta be the best person I can be. But - it's all coming back, because I'm thinking about next weekend when I go to our yearly church camp. I will probably run into my runner-up nightmare, the people I really have the most nightmares about. His ex-family. I can't handle the glares and the judgemental looks. They don't know what really happened and frankly I don't think they care. I just want to scream "you don't know what happened. How can you be judging me. You claim to be these high and mighty Christians, yet you treat people like crap" I sinned yes, I was used, yes, and I was made to do something I really didn't want to do. But, even then... No sin is greater than the other in God's eyes. I just have to hold my head up high and not be ashamed. I

I'm ready to shine!

Im ready to shine! I'm ready to tell my eating disorder to bug off! Same to the past. Bug off! Bug off! Bug off!  I'm going to the grocery store tonight and I'm gonna eat what I want. Yeah, you heard me! If I stay skinny, gain weight, whatever, not gonna care because I am still the same person inside! I feel ready to take on the whole world! Here's to the new me! Happily -Katie

There Is A Time For Everything

I recently wrote down these verses from the Bible as they really spoke to me. And I have written down the things that it is TIME for in my life. It's my time for LIFE. My time to be REBORN.  My time to HEAL. My time to BUILD on my life. My time to LAUGH. My time to DANCE. My time to THROW OUT the old. My time to HUG and embrace life and all the special people I know. My time to STOP LOOKING for answers and every thing I keep looking back to and let God lead. My time to SPEAK and not be silent. My time to LOVE and throw away hate. My time for PEACE. Katie Butterfly