Skip to main content

National Suicide Prevention Month

I just found out that today is the start of National Suicide Prevention Month. As a multi-time survivor of suicide I thought I would write a blog post.

My last attempt was about 5 years ago. It was soon after I was assaulted (even though I didn't knew it then.) I wasn't taking my meds, I was doing a lot of stupid stuff, in and out of hospitals. I was near my end. I truly wanted to die. 

And at this time I had someone I thought was a friend practically telling me to do it.

I remember even in the ER, after having a tube down my throat to save me, checking my email on my phone and seeing her still harass me. I'm going to find some of her words, as I still have them saved. I am going to share then because you should NEVER talk to anyone like that especially someone you know who is mentally ill and over the edge. Words I haven't forgotten to this day.


"you always have a thorn in your ass.   for a job, you have no idea what it is to work for a living and yes you are a natural born loser.  problem, you are a problem   any one who lives on well fare is a loser. try living without it "

"You can't hold a job cuz you are just plain lazy.   You get money from the county, more than I make in a month,and you sit on your ass and complain. Sorry but I have a life to get in order, and I intend to do it. You make me feel like a winner, cuz you really are a loser."



That's just a couple of them.

I completely lost my will to live after that. I had just slept with a married man (didn't know it was assault) and was living with such shame and self-hatred. And then to have someone who I thought was my friend telling me that the world hated me too. That was the last straw.

I downed probably a whole bottle of Tylenol. I was actually the one that called the ambulance on myself. I got scared and knew things were bad but dying that way wasn't the answer.

The ambulance came and took me away. While the neighbors were all looking out the window, happy that the crazy was going away.

I didn't know at the time that Jeff saw and it killed him to see me on that stretcher in so much pain.

I went by ambulance to the ER. They pumped my stomach and I had to drink charcoal too to get all the poison out of my system. I never want to go through that again.

And, after all that. Guess who showed up to the ER. Yep. Jeff. The guy's life I just almost ruined. He came to the ER and said nothing was worth dying over. And he sat with me until they took me to Norwood.

Where is that guy now? You got it. We are engaged. Someone that loves me THAT much, I can't live my life without him.

So, to sum this up. BE KIND. 

All my love-Katie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The number will never be enough.

I have realized on this hell-ish journey of what they call anorexia, that the number will never be enough. I've been starving myself off and on since about February. First it was to lose about 10 lbs that I gained while my thyroid was under active. I started eating better but just ate less. I finally got back to my normal weight. And I decided I was gonna go lower. Mostly because I hate my breasts. So, I started cutting back on calories. Counting them on an app and a tracker that counted how many calories I had burned. I'm really not much of an exerciser, so I mostly just restricted what I ate, between eating normal on weekends or when with friends. Didn't want them to catch on and wanted to still enjoy myself and not put my life is jeopardy. Well, I'm at about 10 lbs away from what I called my goal weight. And the last few days I really restricted so I can finally reach the goal. I've agonized over getting help and eating right and just a constant battle with my th

Christmas Blessings

Lame title. But, how many blog posts can I call "Merry and Bright"?!  What can I say? Our first Christmas together, of course didn't go as perfect and planned out as I tried to make it, but, it was perfect. Absolutely perfect. I was surrounded by amazing family, friends and of course my husband. This was our first official Christmas together and Christmas Day was our 5-month anniversary. 5 months ago I said I do, and I'll keep on saying it. And now with the new year fast approaching I know what my goals for 2016 and beyond are. It's something I will have to work on and slowly progress with. But, I know now I don't have to do it alone, I have my wonderful and sweet husband to work with. And I can't think of anything better. This year didn't go anywhere close to as planned, it showed me some of my hardest days, it showed me some of the best. And everything in between. This is a journey I'm on, to truly being a new Creation in Christ and becoming Kati

I'm not who I was.

Well, I need to write this. The memories, the guilt, the self-blame - all of that is all flooding back. Just down pouring on me. I can't let this get to me. I have a job interview tomorrow and I gotta be the best person I can be. But - it's all coming back, because I'm thinking about next weekend when I go to our yearly church camp. I will probably run into my runner-up nightmare, the people I really have the most nightmares about. His ex-family. I can't handle the glares and the judgemental looks. They don't know what really happened and frankly I don't think they care. I just want to scream "you don't know what happened. How can you be judging me. You claim to be these high and mighty Christians, yet you treat people like crap" I sinned yes, I was used, yes, and I was made to do something I really didn't want to do. But, even then... No sin is greater than the other in God's eyes. I just have to hold my head up high and not be ashamed. I