Skip to main content

My Favorite Things Part 2

I decided I needed a part 2!!

1. The color purple
2. Random acts of kindness showed to me.
3. Beautiful souls
4. Sunshine
5. Campfires
6. The number 6.
7. Kindness
8. Smiles
9. Rainbows
10. Hearts
11. Singing my favorite songs.
12. Singing hymns with my family
13. Getting lost in a book
14. Dressing up occasionally.
15. Talking about my favorite things

That's enough for today, but... 

I went to pick up my book at the library and found this in my box at work... To my lovely co-worker that gave this to me, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you, you kind, wonderful, beautiful person it made my entire day. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, I'm tired and I'm stressed and I have a crazy, crazy but wonderful week up ahead. Candles are one of my favorite forms of self care and soothing and purple is my absolute favorite color! My heart is full of joy.


Smiles and hugs,
Katie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ashley's Story

Thank you Ashley for being so brave! Love you.  " Hello, my name is Ashley and I am 19 years old. I am writing to you all today to tell my story, thanks to the wonderful creators of this page. One of them happens to be my best friend :)  My mom has always been verbally abusive. As I was growing up I struggled with learning how to respect my mom because she would always say things to hurt me and my way of defending myself was talking back. Others found it offensive and still do. They believe that every child should respect their parents. I do agree with that but it is hard to do when you are a victim in the relationship. Sometimes some people are opinion based on the old fashion morals and beliefs that every child should respect their parents. Those same people either blind themselves from witnessing a verbal attack or they don't care. My grandmother, my father’s mom, lived with us until she got sick and had to live with my aunt in Reno when I was 8. She raised me more than my ...

Tara's story.

" Here is my story of how I grew up in a home that was surrounded by domestic violence. Growing up was crazy for me. My parents always argued. Before I was born my mother and real father used to fight always according to what my mother told me and what my sister and brother witnessed. But after I was born my father stuck around until I was like 2 or 3. That's when my stepfather began raising me. After that my mother and he would always argue. They got physical with each other. They got to the point where my mother would get a knife and try to hurt my stepfather. I remember one time she chased him down the stair and in order to escape from her, he jumped out the window and broke his leg. This happened when I was younger. She has had so much anger in her we didn’t know where it came from. There were other times where she got angry at me and threw figurines at me. One Thanksgiving Day I wanted to spend it at my sister house, this was when I was in middle school, and my mother wok...

Being fearless is a daily choice

So today, another song, one -he- claimed to be our song came on the radio. First instinct is to say "I hate this song!" And turn it off.... Well, I was starting to do that when I made ANOTHER choice to not let him win. I turned the song, and even though I don't particularly like that song anymore anyway, I want it to be on my own terms. Today I chose fearlessness in regards to a song. Today, I won! -Katie