Skip to main content

Why I Love The Vox Concert Series

I've been thinking about what to blog about for awhile. And then it hit me. I should talk about the thing that has been keeping me going, especially this past week as I have been grieving the loss of my grandma. What has saved me? Music, and my friends at the Vox Concert Series.

What is the Vox Concert Series? According to their websiteVox Concert Series is Marshfield, Wisconsin’s premier entertainment venue, offering national and regionally touring acts in an intimate setting. Our goal is to provide a quality, exceptional concert experience to every guest who enters our door as well as every act which graces our stage. We’re keenly focused on becoming one of the best listening rooms in the United States. 


If you click on the link to the website you can find other FAQ about what Vox is. Because it is getting off focus of what I wanted to write about.


I want to write about the other side of Vox. The fun and joy I receive from volunteering.

Our small group of volunteers has become a close knit family to me. Yes, we work hard, but we also know how to have fun.

I've also met some crazy-amazing musicians and made friends with the people that keep coming to Vox.


Honestly, I love it. I love what I do. I love how it makes me feel like a "normal" person, the sense of accomplishment and pride it gives me. I honestly wouldn't trade the experiences I've had and the future experiences I will have for anything.


And did I mention the musicians and the amazing meet and greet experiences, the patron's and volunteers get to experience. I've honestly never seen anything like it. It is so cool.


If you are in the Central Wisconsin area or ever will come this way, I say check it out. List of events should be found here.  And if you have any questions you can always contact Brian Sauer on facebook.

And now I am going to leave you with a few pictures of the fun I have had and will continue to have.





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The number will never be enough.

I have realized on this hell-ish journey of what they call anorexia, that the number will never be enough. I've been starving myself off and on since about February. First it was to lose about 10 lbs that I gained while my thyroid was under active. I started eating better but just ate less. I finally got back to my normal weight. And I decided I was gonna go lower. Mostly because I hate my breasts. So, I started cutting back on calories. Counting them on an app and a tracker that counted how many calories I had burned. I'm really not much of an exerciser, so I mostly just restricted what I ate, between eating normal on weekends or when with friends. Didn't want them to catch on and wanted to still enjoy myself and not put my life is jeopardy. Well, I'm at about 10 lbs away from what I called my goal weight. And the last few days I really restricted so I can finally reach the goal. I've agonized over getting help and eating right and just a constant battle with my th

Christmas Blessings

Lame title. But, how many blog posts can I call "Merry and Bright"?!  What can I say? Our first Christmas together, of course didn't go as perfect and planned out as I tried to make it, but, it was perfect. Absolutely perfect. I was surrounded by amazing family, friends and of course my husband. This was our first official Christmas together and Christmas Day was our 5-month anniversary. 5 months ago I said I do, and I'll keep on saying it. And now with the new year fast approaching I know what my goals for 2016 and beyond are. It's something I will have to work on and slowly progress with. But, I know now I don't have to do it alone, I have my wonderful and sweet husband to work with. And I can't think of anything better. This year didn't go anywhere close to as planned, it showed me some of my hardest days, it showed me some of the best. And everything in between. This is a journey I'm on, to truly being a new Creation in Christ and becoming Kati

I'm not who I was.

Well, I need to write this. The memories, the guilt, the self-blame - all of that is all flooding back. Just down pouring on me. I can't let this get to me. I have a job interview tomorrow and I gotta be the best person I can be. But - it's all coming back, because I'm thinking about next weekend when I go to our yearly church camp. I will probably run into my runner-up nightmare, the people I really have the most nightmares about. His ex-family. I can't handle the glares and the judgemental looks. They don't know what really happened and frankly I don't think they care. I just want to scream "you don't know what happened. How can you be judging me. You claim to be these high and mighty Christians, yet you treat people like crap" I sinned yes, I was used, yes, and I was made to do something I really didn't want to do. But, even then... No sin is greater than the other in God's eyes. I just have to hold my head up high and not be ashamed. I